Beara is the imagination playground for Sarah-Jayne McCreath, an artist that lives and works in Brisbane, Australia.
At the age of four, Sarah-Jayne would visit her neighbour for the sole purpose of using their higher quality coloured pencils. Now she is grown up and has her own high quality pencils, but still inhabits the imaginative world of the child. Her work is made of mythology, uneasy creep and a love of all things weird and original.
Available for commissions and collaborations.
- Art Pharmacy profile and store
"Sarah-Jayne McCreath is a dreamer, openly admitting to spending a lot of time in the "far-away land deep in my noggin'". Her private magical world is populated by kooky black and white monsters of all shapes and sizes, ranging from figures inspired by Jim Henson puppets to more anthropomorphic deities, complete with feathered crowns and adornments of what looks like hundreds and thousands."
Featured artist for the RAW Artists Showcase
- Hobbledehoy Records Annual Showcase Hobbleday Participating Artist April 10th 2015
- Lethbridge Gallery, Brisbane Lethbridge 10000 Gallery Finalist 2015 - Eat It
- Lethbridge Gallery, Brisbane Lethbridge 10000 Online Finalist 2015 - Fight Bird and Yowsers
- Art Pharmacy Online Gallery Artist 2015
- Mister Dressup T-Shirt Artist June-July 2015
- RAW Artists Showcase Featured Artist October 2015
- Brisbane Arts Co. Featured Artist 2015
- Haven Espresso House Featured Artist December 2015
- Lethbridge Gallery, Brisbane Lethbridge 10000 Online Finalist 2016 - Tourism
- Lethbridge Gallery, Brisbane Lethbridge 10000 Online Finalist 2017 - Bush Week 1
- MT Cup Espresso Newstead Featured Artist August 2017
- Art With Heart Participating Artist 2017
- Good Art Space Founding Director 2018